Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Dark Knight

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/the-dark-knight/

Being one of the few people who have never seen The Dark Knight I thought I might as well use a review on it for my outside reading this week. According to then many people who have seen the movie action and greatness come standard. Even people I wouldn't think to like this kind of movie really loved it. A dark evil movie about the Batman who runs around catching badguys in a terrible and failing city doesn't seem to appeal to all those who loved it. Never the less the reviews showed many thumbs up. I read this review that included critics from Variety.com and more importantly AMG itself on the movie to see what the pros thought. The critics reiderated the same things as my fellow students had. A great cast with a great amount of action packed into a very controversial plot. It all spells fun when you add it up right and the movie does. Deaths of characters who will remain unnamed play the heart and to cap even death, the hero is really not a hero? Thats the big question presented by this movie. Some found it a sour taste to end the movie with Batman as the enemy though for anyone who watched the cartoon, and I am one of them, this comes as no surprise. Of course being a shadowy guy with a cape who flies around the city at night blowing things up and chasing other badguys can't really be a good guy in and of himself can he? At least not until he has proven himself which is left to the next movie. Beyond all the great review some still found the film a bit confusing with its technologically advanced concoction of effects and stunts. However if you pay attention most obviously left the theater in an overall good mood. This is a movie I think I should see. The pros as well as my pro friends all say its good. Advice is to be followed. Party anyone?

2 comments:

Ngoc/Jimmy said...

If it makes you feel better, I watched the Dark Knight. Well, after watching it I thought it was one of those one in a lifetime movies that was so good I wouldn't mind watching it again even though it was like almost 3 hours. The film had a lot of morality behind it. Me and my friends talked about the movie for like an hour after watching it and I came to an understanding that the theme it tries to bring up is that "someone who considers themselves a hero will turn into a villain someday." That is why Batman decides to become the villain because he is the hero that Gothem deserves, not the one it needs. They consider him like a guardian but not a hero because the theme is that one who is a hero will turn themselves to a villain. After thinking a while, I thought this was an excellent movie and for that it impacted my opinions a lot on good vs evil. You guys can watch the ending of the Dark Knight, it is an amazing ending that describes so much about the movie. Click here to watch the ending. "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKzJhM7U2yc&feature=related"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKzJhM7U2yc&feature=related

Mary Nymark said...

My goodness Justin, go see this movie. I've seen it 12 times in theaters. And no, that's not an exaggeration. And yes, I do realize I am financially *ahem* "challenged". I am actually feeling a loss of The Dark Night as I type this. I am a true addict. I am lacking it in my system until the day that the DVD hits the stores. I'm being the Joker for halloween this friday. I have Batman cereal for breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner if my mom is working. These are some true side-effects of this amazing movie that has changed my life and that you absolutely have to watch. thank you.